An Important Reminder on Food Safety
In light of recent media coverage regarding food safety and eggs, we felt it was important and timely to reassure our valued customers that Sunny Queen Australia is not involved in any of the current cases under investigation and to share with you the stringent Quality Assurance processes we have in place. To ensure we provide the best quality eggs for you to enjoy we take food safety very seriously, and apply the following Quality protocols across all our farms, including:
- High sanitation and cleaning practices
- Removal of cracked and dirty eggs
- Temperature-controlled storage and distribution
- Salmonella testing programs
- Strict biosecurity protocols
- Animal welfare programs
- Pest control programs
- Independent auditing of farms and grading floor
- Accredited HACCP programs
Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrients and an essential food source enjoyed by millions of Aussies every day, so it is important to know the do’s and don’ts of egg handling to ensure a healthy environment for all.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not use cracked or dirty eggs.
- Store shell eggs under 5 degrees Celsius.
- Shell eggs once cracked should be fully cooked before consumption.
- Use only pasteurised egg pulp for making sauces and use within 24 hours.
- Always sanitise benches and equipment to avoid cross contamination between raw and cooked product.
- Always clean your hands thoroughly before and after handling eggs.
Following these guidelines will ensure everyone can continue to enjoy all the taste and nutritional goodness of eggs.
If you have any further questions please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 780 055, or for media enquiries please call Yasmine Gray (at Red Agency) on 0414 448834.