Bacon & Egg Ramen
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 Sunny Queen Free Range eggs, hard boiled, poached or fried
- 2 green onions (or green shallots) thinly sliced
- 1 twig of lemongrass
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 pack ramen noodles, flavour packet discarded
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Soy sauce
- Seasme oil
- Step 1Fry bacon in a little oil. Once crisp, remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- Step 2Cook garlic, ginger, green onions and lemongrass on low heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Break the ramen noodles in half and add one half to a bowl. Divide the spinach evenly between each bowl. Pour the chicken broth mixture over top of each block so it just covers the noodles. Let the noodles sit for 2 minutes, then stir to break apart.
- Step 4Cook your eggs as desired (hard boiled, poached, fried) and top each bowl with 2 eggs. Drizzle each ramen with soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, then finish with the crispy bacon.