How to Poach an Egg
Step-by Step instructions on how to cook the perfect poached eggs.
- 4 large Sunny Queen eggs, cracked into individual small handled cups
- 1 salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Step 1Fill a 26cm non stick fry pan to more than half full with water.
- Step 2Add the salt, pepper and vinegar. Bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Step 3Gently tip the cups into the water all at once.
- Step 4Remove the pan from the heat.
- Step 5Poach until yolks are medium firm - 4 minutes (4.5 mins for firm yolk or extra large egg).
- Step 6With a slotted spoon carefully lift and drain eggs from the pan.