How to Cook Scrambled Eggs
Step-by Step instructions on how to cook the perfect scrambled eggs.
- 8 large Sunny Queen eggs
- 1 tsp salt and few grinds of pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Step 1Crack eggs in bowl with salt, pepper and milk.
- Step 2Whip with a fork till streaks are gone and smooth yellow is formed.
- Step 3Throw a 26cm pan on the stove on a medium to high heat. Add butter.
- Step 4When butter is foaming swirl around the pan then pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Step 5Push the eggs slowly from side to side with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula, lifting and folding.
- Step 6Pile eggs in a clump. Should take no more than 1.5 to 2 minutes.
Extra Tips- Do not over beat - lightly whisk with a fork till a smooth yellow colour forms.
- Use a non-stick fry pan.
- Medium heat to high heat produces a soft fluffy result with no "weeping".
- Move mixture in a constant motion to prevent over cooking in spots - the eggs will continue to cook once removed from heat.