Egg & Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 Sunny Queen eggs
- 6 large vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, stalks removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh parsely
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 6 slices bread
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to a medium heat.
- Step 2Combine the basil, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil to a blender or food processor. Process well until a pesto consistency is obtained.
- Step 3Remove the tomato centres by cutting out a large cone from the top of each. Remove the pulp and seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Step 4Fill each tomato with the same amount of pesto, leaving enough room at the top to crack an egg in.
- Step 5Crack an egg into each tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6Wrap each tomato in aluminium foil and place face up on the barbecue. Cook for 20 minutes or until egg is just set.
- Step 7Serve warm with toasted, buttered bread.