Cheesy egg & ham roll
- 4 Sunny Queen free range eggs
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 slices ham
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Butter/oil for baking and frying
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Cut 1/3 off tops off the bread rolls, leaving 2/3 as the base to fill with eggs, cheese etc. Set the tops aside.
- Step 3Scoop out the center of the bases. Leave enough room for the filling. For precision, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the center. If you like, you can partially bake the empty bases and tops for added crispness, but not crucial. Do give them a brush or spray with butter or oil beforehand.
- Step 4Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece so there is less chance of egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
- Step 5Crack in an egg. Repeat until all rolls are filled.
- Step 6Top each roll with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Step 7Put the top back on each roll. Wrap loosely with foil and place in oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Take a peek at 10 minutes to check them. 10 minutes means generally runny yolks. 15 minutes means firm, just cooked yolks.
- Step 8Unwrap and serve while warm.