Smashed avo with poached eggs & feta
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Sunny Queen Free Range eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 40 grams feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 slices crusty bread
- Step 1Fill a pot half full with water. Add the vinegar and bring to the boil over a high heat. Gently tip both eggs into the water. Remove the pan from the heat and poach for 4 minutes until yolks are medium firm (4.5 mins for firm yolk or extra large egg). With a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- Step 2Mash the avocado and feta together in a bowl. Add the juice from half a lemon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toast bread.
- Step 3Top toast with avocado mix and gently place a poached egg on top of each slice. To finish, sprinkle the chilli flakes on top and and further squeeze of lemon.