Sweet Potato Nests with Bacon Crumb and Oregano and Macadamia Pesto
Try out this delicious brekky or brunch recipe, submitted by our customer Bernadette!
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (pesto)
- 1 clove garlic (pesto)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (pesto)
- 1/2 lemon (pesto)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (pesto)
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Sunny Queen Eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- Step 1Pesto: Blitz the oregano, Parmesan, garlic and macadamias until combined. Slowly add the oil until you get the taste and consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper and a generous squeeze of lemon juice and give a final blitz to mix.
- Step 2Bacon crumb: Fry bacon until crispy. Blitz to a crumb when cool.
- Step 3Sweet potato nests: Fry sweet potato in a little oil until softened. Stir through Parmesan and set aside to cool a little.
- Step 4Grease 2 holes of a Texas muffin pan and mould the sweet potato into nests. Bake in a moderate oven for 10 minutes.
- Step 5Crack a Sunny Queen egg into each nest and return to the oven for approximately 20 minutes (depending on how you like your eggs). Serve immediately with a generous sprinkle of bacon crumb and a drizzle of pesto.