Waffles with Fried Eggs & Bacon
- 250 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 3 Sunny Queen eggs (for the waffles)
- 430 millilitres milk
- 120 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 8 Sunny Queen eggs (to top the waffles)
- 12 rashers short cut bacon
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Step 1Preheat a waffle maker to the medium setting the oven to 135C.
- Step 2In a mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, milk and melted butter until well combined.
- Step 3Pour half a cup of batter into each side of waffle maker. Close lid and cook for five minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Step 4Heat a frying pan until hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp and drain on a plate.
- Step 5In the same pan, crack in two eggs at a time and fry to your taste.
- Step 6To serve, place the waffles onto serving plates and top each waffle with 2 fried eggs and 3 rashers of bacon. Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup.