Broccoli Cheese Bites
Yummy baked snacks packed full of cheesy goodness and veggies.
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 Sunny Queen Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup bread, torn & crust removed
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1Preheat oven to 175°C. Cut broccoli into individual florets. Steam for 5 minutes then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain florets and finely chop.
- Step 2Lightly beat the eggs and add to a large bowl. Add torn fresh bread and mix well.
- Step 3To the bowl, add the broccoli, onion, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper and stir together until combined.
- Step 4Grease 2 mini muffin pans (12 wells each) with butter/margarine and add a spoonful of mixture to each.
- Step 5Bake for 25 minutes until cooked in centre and lightly browned on top.