- 100 grams cooking chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 130 grams butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 Sunny Queen eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup coco powder
- 300 grams icing sugar, sifted
- 100 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 40 grams coco powder, sifted
- 40 millilitres milk
- 1 row milk chocolate, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 16 muffin pans with paper cases.
- Step 2Combine the chocolate and water in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Step 3Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and beat again. Add the flours and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir again to combine. Spoon evenly among the lined muffin pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Once done, set the cupcakes aside to cool before icing.
- Step 4For the icing, beat the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder together.
- Step 5Add the milk to the butter mixture and beat again. Add the melted chocolate and turn the mixer up to a high speed.
- Step 6Continue beating for about 5 minutes, until it is fluffy. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.