Add these to your shopping list
- 125g polyunsaturated margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 Sunny Queen eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4cup low fat milk
- 24 muffin papers
- 25g polyunsaturated margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp low fat milk
- few drops of pink food colouring
- If the icing is too thin, add a little more icing sugar, if it is too firm, add more milk.
Let's get cracking
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Place muffin papers in to cupcake baking trays.
- Step 3Place margarine into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and pale in colour.
- Step 4Add sugar slowly until well combined.
- Step 5Add the eggs very slowly one after the other.
- Step 6Add the vanilla essence and beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Step 7Sift flour and baking powder, add half to the margarine mixture with half the milk, mix until well combined and repeat by adding the remaining flour, baking powder and milk.
- Step 8Fill papers 3/4full, place into the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, insert a skewer into the middle of a cupcake if it comes out clean the cupcakes are ready.
- Step 9Transfer to a cooling rack and set aside to cool completely.
- Step 10For the icing, cream the margarine until pale and smooth.
- Step 11Add the milk and half the icing sugar and a few drops of food colouring.
- Step 12Beat until well combined than add the remaining icing sugar and beat to a light and fluffy spreadable texture.
- Step 13Spread the icing onto the cold cupcakes and serve.