A delcicious curry dish from the Indian city of Hyderabad
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 large brown or white onion
- 12 cashew nuts, unsalted
- 2 small green chillies
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 small handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fried onions
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Biryani Masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 2 Sunny Queen Free Range eggs
- 1/2 teaspon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 cardamom pod, whole
- 2 cloves, whole
- 1 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Step 1Wash and soak Basmati rice in water for up to 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2Heat the oil and ghee and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and caraway seeds. After a couple of minutes, add the onion and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Step 3Add cashew nuts, green chillies, ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Step 4Add mint and coriander leaves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, biryani masala, garam masala powder and saute well on medium flame for a further 2 minutes.
- Step 5Add the yogurt and cook for 3-4 minutes, the add fried onions and mix well.
- Step 6Add 1 1/2 cups of water, adding the basmati rice once the mixture is boiling.
- Step 7Cook covered until rice is done, then reduce the heat to low and cook covered for another 5 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Step 8Hard boil and peel 2 of the eggs. In a bowl, break the third egg, add chilli powder and mix well. Make 3-4 lengthwise slits on the boiled eggs and coat the egg mixture.
- Step 9Heat a tsp of oil and add the mixture along with the coated boiled eggs. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and cook until the mixture scrambles. Add the hard boiled eggs and the egg scramble to the rice and mix well gently.
- Step 10Serve warm with naan bread.