- 4 Sunny Queen free range eggs
- 125 grams short cut bacon
- 4 English muffins, split
- 20 grams baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 Sunny Queen free range egg yolks
- 150 grams butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cracked black pepper to season
- Step 1To make hollandaise, process vinegar and egg yolks in a food processor. With motor running, slowly add butter in a thin stream. This should take 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover surface with plastic film or wax paper to prevent a skin forming.
- Step 2Gently poach the eggs in a bath of fresh barely boiling water and some vinegar (no more than a teaspoon per egg) until done to your preference.
- Step 3Fry or grill the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Step 4Meanwhile, toast muffins. Top muffin bases with spinach, bacon and eggs. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and season with cracked pepper if desired. Serve.