Grilled chicken salad
- 4 Sunny Queen free range eggs
- 450 grams warm grilled chicken breast shredded or sliced
- 2 rashes crispy grilled bacon cut into pieces
- 1/2 lemon segmented and deseeded
- 250 grams baby spinach
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 kale leaves roughly chopped
- 6 inch celery stick cut into fine slices
- 4 slices crusty bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- Step 1To make dressing, squeeze juice from lemon half into a small bowl. Add mustard, honey and remaining 60ml (1/4 cup) oil. Whisk to combine. Add mayonnaise and whisk once more to combine. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Step 2Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Gently add eggs and stir until water returns to the boil. Cook for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes for soft-boiled eggs. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Step 3To gently crack egg shells, roll eggs on a counter. Peel shells, then cut eggs in quarters.
- Step 4Layer kale, spinach, lemon segments, bacon chicken rosemary sprigs and celery into the plate or serving bowl.
- Step 5Layer on egg quarters gently and scatter bread croutons. Finish with drizzles of dressing and serve.