Poached eggs with avo salsa
- 4 Sunny Queen free range eggs
- 8 rashers bacon
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 slices sourdough bread / bread rolls toasted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Step 1Cook bacon until crisp.
- Step 2Poach eggs in very gently boiling water. You may add a bit of vinegar to the water to help set the egg whites.
- Step 3Put diced avocado in a bowl. Spoon over 2 tablespoons lime juice. Toss gently to coat.
- Step 4Add oil, onion and coriander to avocado. Add Tabasco sauce to taste. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently until combined.
- Step 5To assemble, place 2 pieces of bacon and poached egg on toast/bread roll cut in half, and season with salt and pepper. Top with decent serving of salsa. Repeat with remaining slices and ingredients.