- 6 Sunny Queen free range eggs
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh salmon, grilled, flaked
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbed
- 1/5 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to seaon
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Slice the top off of each tomato and hollow out each tomato, leaving a firm shell. Store upside down on some paper towel, to help the insides dry while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 3To keep tomatoes upright while baking, trim a very thin slice off the bottoms.
- Step 4Mix the eggs with the cream, onion, salt and pepper until well combined. Melt the margarine in a large, non-stick pan set over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 5Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs are fluffy and almost set; remove from heat.
- Step 6Portion the egg mixture evenly into each hollowed tomatoes. Now add Salmon flakes, crumbled feta and some of the shopped chives (reserve some for garnish later).
- Step 7Place on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each tomato with black pepper and bake until cheese is browned. Garnish with additional salmon and chives.