A warming Korean dish of rice, beef and assorted vegetables topped with a fried egg!
- 100 grams lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (or hot chilli paste)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 250 grams bok choy (or pak choy)
- 350 grams bean sprouts (mung beans are a good option)
- 100 grams shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 4 portions white rice, cooked
- 4 Sunny Queen Free Range eggs
- 1 sheet dried seaweed, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or rice bran oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 clove crushed garlic
- Salt to taste
- Step 1Mix the mince with the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and crushed garlic. Leave to marinate for 45 minutes. Cook in a wok on medium heat for 5 minutes until thoroughly cooked through.
- Step 2Fry the eggs sunny side up (yolk facing up) for 2-4 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Step 3Peel and finely slice the carrots. Thinly slice the mushrooms and then cook with carrots in oil on a medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Step 4To make the sauce, mix the gochujang, sesame oil, honey, water, sesame seeds, rice wine vinegar and crushed garlic together until well combined.
- Step 5Cook rice according to packet instructions and divide among 4 serving bowls. Add the beef and vegetables. Top with seaweed and sauce if desired (otherwise leave on side). Finally, place a fried egg on top of each bowl and serve.