Soft, pillowy sponge dipped in yummy chocolate icing and coconut. An Aussie classic!
- 160 grams butter, room temperate
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 Sunny Queen Free Range Eggs
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 cups pure icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons coco powder
- 5 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 30 cm x 20 cm lamington tin and line with baking paper.
- Step 2Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs and continue to beat until combined.
- Step 3Add sifted flour and salt to the creamed mixture. Add milk and stir gently until just combined.
- Step 4Pour the mixture evenly in the tin and bake for 30–35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, then cut into rectangles. You should get about 20.
- Step 5To make the icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add the boiling water, butter and vanilla, then stir until dissolved.
- Step 6Spread the desiccated coconut onto a cutting board. Using two forks to hold the sponge, dip the rectangles one at a time into the chocolate icing then immediately roll in the coconut. Leave on a wire rack to set.